Version 1.3 of i.TV for the iPhone and iPod touch is finally here.
Here’s what’s new:
Grid View: By simply turning your iPhone or iPod Touch from a vertical to a horizontal position, you can now view TV listings in a grid view.
- View complete channel lineup for the next 3 hours
- New shows indicated with red corner badge
- Tap on a show listing to view a “micro-showcard” which includes an episode description, ratings, and an option to jump to the full showcard.
- Tap on the “Info” button at the top of the grid to jump to pre-set time slices, i.e. prime time
- Tap on the “Info” button at the top of the grid to navigate to “Options”. From here, you can choose to color code your grid according to categories such as Movies, Sports, Family, News, Lifestyle
Pretty neat, eh? We think so. But wait…there’s more:
Theater Maps & Directions: Don’t buy a movie ticket online or via i.TV on your iPhone or iPod touch only to get lost on your way to the theater! Now you can get maps and directions to your theater of choice at the tap of a button. Use i.TV to plan your route ahead of time, get directions from your current location, or discover theaters closest to you. Still need more info? The new “call theater” option will help resolve any unanswered questions by connecting you directly with the theater.
Video Streams: In our previous update we added video streams for programs featuring clips, previews, and even full episodes. Over the last month we have been hard at work to bring you even more streaming video content to the application. Our database is updated daily so always be sure to check your on your favorite shows for new videos!
Video Available: We have made it easier for you to find shows with available video streams. To do this, simply tap the information button at the top of a listings view. This will bring up a menu that includes a button called “Options”. Tapping options will bring you to a screen called “Display Options”. Simply scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on “Video Available” as a required attribute. When you navigate back to a listings view, you will now only see shows with availble video streams.
Improved Performance: In this update, i.TV has taken extensive efforts to improve the performance and stability of the application.